Sunday, June 24, 2007

In Saigon

Bryan and I are traveling this week--for him a final week before returning to the US and for me a break for me before teaching through July. For both of us, a chance to spend some time together and enjoy the friendship that has grown this year.
Right now we're in Saigon before heading to Cambodia tomorrow. Although living in Danang for a year has worn off the foreigner's dazzle, moments today and yesterday in the city have left me praising God for having this chance.
So far our 24 hours in Saigon have been full of interesting things:
Lunch at KFC
The War Remnants Museum and the Reunification Palace
Dinner with my old friend Sara and her husband Tielman
A few minutes of Catholic mass at the Notre Dame cathedral
A surprise visit to the hospital

Tomorrow, Cambodia by bus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tyler,

I"m glad to hear you are well and have a little fun after a hard work. After what you shared and from your pictures,seems Vietnam it is a beautiful country. I never imagine a soo far country and with bad fame can be soo beautiful. God made this world amazing and sometimes he use the crazy things to make ashamed wise things.
I am sorry, can"t help you with financial support to buy your ticket for VT but I"ll pray for this.
Now you are the one like those twelve disciples of God. I am sure all what you did in Vietnam will become some beautiful memories for you and people from Vietnam for ever.I hope you will have a wonderful life and God will bless you for what did there.

Take care and have a good trip to home!